Stiff, tense, and sore muscles can be relaxed and relieved with a little heat, and joints affected by arthritis pain are no different. Not only does heat relax muscles, it also stimulates blood flow and improves circulation, helps increases range of motion, and reduces stiffness in painful joints.
Cold therapy can reduce inflammation, a major cause
of arthritis joint pain and stiffness. Placing a cold pack
on a swollen joint can also help bring it back down to
size, which will also lessen joint pain.
Cold Therapy: Hematomas, sprains, traumas, hyperthermia and in all cases where cryotherapy is necessary.
Heat Therapy: Lumbago, torticollis, rheumatism, hypothermia and in all cases where heat therapy is necessary.
FREEZER: Put the gelatine bag in the freezer for at least 2 h. Take it out, wrap it up in a dry cloth and apply where required.
HOT WATER – Immerse the gelatine bag in the boiling water for 5 minutes max. Take it out, wipe it, wrap it up in a dry cloth and apply where required.
MICROWAVE OVEN – Put the gelatine bag in the microwave oven for 1 minute max at 650W. Take it out , wrap it up in a dry cloth and apply where equired.
- Do not swallow the contents, do not break the bag.
- Keep out of children’s reach.
- Wrap the gelatine bag a dry cloth to avoid burns.
- Consult with a physician before using on babies, children, aged people and people affected by diabetes, cardiovascular and circulation disorders or skin insensibility (syndrome of Raynaud).
- If you have doubts about the treatment or if the symptomatology persists, consult your physician.
- Do not apply on injured skin.